Saturday, August 8, 2015

Hello my name is Jessica and I am a shopaholic.

Here in TX it's TAX FREE WEEKEND!!!!  I usually hate this shopping holiday because everyone and their grandma are out and about, but since I have been living on my own and paying my own bills, this weekend has become one of my favorites #helpmeimpoor. 

I ventured out to one of my all time favorite stores, JCrew.  I love the clean lines, the bright, florescent colors and all the pretty jewels.  The fact they give teachers a 15% discount, with appropriate ID, is the icing on the cake.  When I went in yesterday they had some great stuff!  Unfortunately, I didn't get anything because even with the discount, things were still a little  a lot over budget.  Not a good way to start my shopping day.  

While I was leaving JCrew I saw another favorite, yet pricey, store.  Anthropologie.  Why is this store so cute but so expensive?!  One of my many fashion questions.  Of course I went straight to the sales corner.  Walking back there is always a struggle because  I find something cute, not on sale, every, single, time!  And what did I end up buying you might ask?  Two shirts that were not on sale.  Face-to-palm situation.  BUT, Anthro is doing a back to school promotion all month.  All teachers will get 15% off their final purchase when a valid ID is presented.  Score!  
White, blousey tank with double layers
Made by HD in Paris 
Green tank with double layers
Made by HD in Paris 

Now for the mega deal...Kohls.  I know that some people think that Kohls is cheap, unorganized, and not the most fashion forward, but I love this place.  Especially when you get 30% off (when using your Kohls card).  You do have to dig, but the sales and items you find are worth it.  I found 3 pants for $40 and under, 2 shirts for $10 a piece, a sweater/cardigan for $15, and a pair of platform sneakers for $35.  I was so happy!  

Purple, flowy, multi-layer long sleeve
(I must be really into blousey/flowy shirts this season...)
Over sized gray cardigan to wear with skinny pants
Excuse the wrinkles.  Long sleeve, collared button down
 to wear with over sized sweaters, chunky necklaces and boots.
Left to right.
Watermelon ELLE skinny jeans
Medium wash LEVI Mid Rise Skinny (my favorite skinnies for big bottom girls like myself)
Black LEVI Mid Rise Skinny

Juicy Couture platform METALLIC silver sneakers
(they are sold out of these since these are last seasons,
BUT there are several different prints if you like) 
Juicy Couture platform METALLIC silver sneakers
(they are sold out of these since these are last seasons, BUT there are several different prints if you like)

Look forward to my "First week back: Fashion Edition" blog post that will happen in 2 weeks!  

In high school and college, I loved dressing to the T, but now as a teacher, I find myself wanting to buy those expensive clothes but then hesitating because I know I'm going to get a random stain on it eventually.  Does anyone else have this problem?  Or, better yet, has anyone found a solution?  I want good quality clothes, but I don't want to break the bank doing it.  Help a girl out.  

To all those fashionista going back to school shopping, may the sales be with you.    

No comments:

Post a Comment